Frosted Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies
Looking for a little different recipe this holiday season?
If you're a fan of gingerbread who also loves chocolate - and who doesn't love chocolate - then we've got the perfect recipe for you!
These Frosted Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies are perfect for your holiday work party or your next family gathering.
The gingered chocolate frosting is the perfect complement to these deep-dish homemade brownies.
Make them once and everyone will be begging you for the recipe!
Keep it as your own secret weapon, or share it with the world - it's your choice.
Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all brownie ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting:
In a small bowl, whisk together all the frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread chocolate frosting evenly over brownies.
- Let stand until icing is set.
- Cut brownies into desired size and shape.
This recipe makes about 16 Frosted Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies.
You Might Also Like:
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Toffee Spice Raisin Blondies Recipe
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Fudgy Frosted Brownies
- Caramel-Toffee Brownies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: