Best Ever Cookie Connection Newsletter
January 4, 2013
Happy New Year from Best Ever Cookie Collection!
Holiday Cookie Contest
We're fast approaching the end of our inaugural Holiday Cookie Contest. But great news, you still have time to submit your favorite recipe!
Contest recipe submissions accepted through Sunday, January 6, 2013. So if you want to enter for the chance to win a brand new KitchenAid Mixer, now's the time.
Check out these great cookie recipes we've already received:
Grandma's Hungarian Keflee Cookies
Brownie Cookie Rings
Raspberry Pecan Sandies
Granola Gingerman Boys
Poppy Seed Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole blue poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 2/3 cup favorite jam, or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour and poppy seeds, mixing just until the dough holds together.
- Add 1 tablespoon water to dough if dough doesn't stick together.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball (for each cookie) and place at least 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 2 minutes until cookies start to get shiny. Remove from oven and press the top center of each cookie with your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an indent.
Place back in the oven for another 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from sheets to wire racks and cool cookies completely.
- Fill each cookie with 1 teaspoon jam/jelly.
- Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate if desired.
This recipe makes about 34 Poppy Seed Thumbprints.
Mark Your Cookie Calendar
January 6 - Shortbread Day
January 16 - Granola Bar Day
January 22 - Blonde Brownie Day
Easy Bar Cookies eCookbook
If you prefer to bake your cookie bars starting off with cake or cookie mix, check out:
Best Ever Cookie Collection Facebook Page
Come Join Us on Facebook! Have you become a fan of Best Ever Cookie Collection on Facebook yet?
If not, what are you waiting for? Please consider this your official invitation to visit us at www.facebook.com/BestEverCookieCollection where we are bringing together a community of like-minded cookie lovers.
To become a fan, just click the "like" button on our Facebook page. Join our online conversation and stay up-to-date on all the latest news.
AND, by becoming a Best Ever Cookie Collection fan on Facebook, you'll be eligible for our special fan giveaways and be able to chat with us as well as the other visitors on our page.
Our favorite thing about our Facebook page is that it's a place where we can connect with so many of you all at once!
Visit our Facebook page for more information and to become a fan today.
If you like this ezine, please do your friends and us a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding this newsletter.
If a friend did forward this to you and you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting Best Ever Cookie Collection.
PLEASE NOTE: For an easy-to-view version of this newsletter, or past issues, please visit the Best Ever Cookie Collection Back Issues Page.
Until next time -- wishing you lots of Cookie Joy -- Cookie Baking, Cookie Eating, Cookie Sharing!