Homemade Apple Bars
Apple Cinnamon Bars that pack a double apple punch from the combination of applesauce and chopped apples.
They are low in fat too with just 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in the entire recipe.
If you love homemade apple desserts that are quick and easy, this Apple Bars Recipe is for you.
These cookie bars just stir together so there is no need to dig out the mixer.
You can have these simple, healthy, and delicious Apple Squares ready for the oven before it finishes pre-heating!
And they are portable too—perfect for lunch boxes, picnics, and potlucks—they make a great after school or teatime treat too.
For a simply delicious dessert, turn your Apple Cinnamon Bars into sundaes. Top a bar with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce!
Apple Bars Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled tart apple
- Confectioner's sugar (optional)
- Position one of the oven racks in the center and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray or for easy cleanup, line the pan with foil and spray the foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Stir in the apple just until distributed through the dough.
- Scrape dough into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set the pan on a wire rack. Allow the apple cinnamon bars to cool in the pan.
- Cut into desired size and shape brownies.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.
This recipe makes one 9-inch pan of Apple Bars.
This Apple Cookie Bar Recipe is adapted from the Betty Crocker Cookie Book
You Might Also Like:
- Apple Pie Squares
- Fig Newton Bars
- Apple Brownies
- Lacy Oatmeal Florentines
- Applesauce Cookies
- Oatmeal Jam Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from Apple Bars to Recipes for Bar Cookies