Apricot Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Do you collect unusual recipes for chocolate chip cookies?
How do apricot cookies with almonds and white chocolate chips sound?
This recipe starts with classic chocolate chip cookie dough that is transformed into special apricot cookies thanks to the addition of almond extract, chopped dried apricots, sliced almonds, and white chocolate chips.
We rarely run across drop cookie recipes so refined. These Apricot Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies require a little advanced planning however, since the cookie dough needs to chill at least 2 hours before it can be baked.
You are instructed to drop the chilled apricot cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto your cookie sheets. This taskis so much easier with a cookie scoop.
And remember, it is always best to bake your cookies one sheet at a time in the center of your oven. And never, never, put cookie dough on warm cookie sheets or it will melt before it has a chance to bake.
This delicious drop cookies recipe is no exception.
Apricot Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugars gradually, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time then the vanilla and almond extracts, beating again until smooth.
- Scrape down the bowl again to make sure everything is well combined.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Drop chilled dough by heaping tablespoons (or with a medium cookie scoop) onto lined cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes or just until the cookie tops and edges begin to turn light golden brown.
- Place baking sheet on wire rack to cool for about 5, minutes then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 4 1/2 dozen Apricot Cookies.
Recipe Source: This apricot almond white chocolate chip cookies recipe and its variations are adapted from A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies by Dede Wilson.
Apricot Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Variations
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - Eliminate the almonds, almond extract and apricots. Increase vanilla to 2 teaspoons. Increase white chocolate chips from 1 to 2 cups and add 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - Eliminate the almond extract and apricots. Increase white chocolate chips from 1 to 2 cups. Substitute 3/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped, for the sliced almonds.
You Might Also Like:
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Frosted Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Macadamia Butter Cookies
- Harvest Pumpkin Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: