Easy Banana Cake Mix Cookies
Easy Banana Cookies with Cake Mix are perfect for you if you like quick and easy cookie recipes that taste like homemade with less effort.
Beginning with a cake mix saves you time mixing and measuring, and results in virtually foolproof cookies that are great for the novice baker!
This easy cake mix cookie recipe makes simple, soft, homey banana cookies gently spiced with nutmeg.
Most people who sample these easy Banana Cookies fall in love with their simple home-style goodness, especially banana bread lovers.
Admittedly, they are kind plain looking and not very sexy, but I don't care. Looks can be way over rated when you have a cookie that tastes this good!
These are the perfect cookies to make when you have a too ripe banana sitting on your counter. They are a great change of pace from homemade banana muffins or banana bread.
It's best to use really really ripe bananas that are covered in brown spots when baking. Your cookies will be sweeter and moister.
I like to store overripe bananas in the freezer so I am ready when the desire for a batch of banana cookies strikes.
Banana Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 medium-size very ripe banana, peeled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the banana well with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the egg, oil, nutmeg and half the dry cake mix to the bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until well blended.
- Stir in the remaining dry cake mix with a wooden spoon just until combined and moistened.
- Stir in the chopped nuts if using.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the center is just barely set when lightly touched with your fingertip and the edges are firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool for one minute on the cookie sheets then transfer to wire racks with a metal spatula and allow to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen Banana Cake Mix Cookies.
This recipe adapted from Cake Mix Cookies by Camilla Saulsbury.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Substitute 1 cup miniature chocolate chips for the chopped nuts.
You Might Also Like:
- M&M Cookies with Cake Mix
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Cake Mix
- Applesauce Cake Mix Cookies
- Chai Cake Mix Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: