Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies
Looking for an uncommonly good sandwich cookie?
These Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies are filled with a buttery frosting and they are fun to make.
A great project where your kids or grandkids can help by rolling-up their sleeves and spreading the frosting and assembling these banana cookies.
I don't know about you, but when I think of 'banana cream' my mind immediately shifts to banana cream pie.
But unlike the pie, the banana in this recipe is all in the cookie - along with another sweet dessert favorite, pecans!
The frosting is a simple buttery frosting flavored with vanilla.
So, if you like your cookies with bananas and pecans - think banana bread-like - and want to try something that you don't see everyday, we think these banana cream cookies may soon become one of your favorite go-to recipes.
Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe
For the cookie:
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup banana, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, 1 cup butter, banana, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place cookie balls on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 1 minute on sheet until transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting:
In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of frosting over bottoms of 1/2 the cooled cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
This recipe makes about 2 dozen Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Snickerdoodles Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Orange Macadamia Cookies
- Chinese Almond Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Toasted Sesame Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Potato Chip Cookies
- Chili Powder and Pecan Crackle Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: