Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies
Looking for an uncommonly good sandwich cookie?
These Banana Cream Cookie Sandwiches are filled with a buttery frosting and they are fun to make.
A great project where your kids or grandkids can help by rolling-up their sleeves and spreading the frosting and assembling these banana cookies.
I don't know about you, but when I think of 'banana cream' my mind immediately shifts to banana cream pie.
But unlike the pie, the banana in this recipe is all in the cookie - along with another sweet dessert favorite, pecans!
The frosting is a simple buttery frosting flavored with vanilla.
So, if you like your cookies with bananas and pecans - think banana bread-like - and want to try something that you don't see everyday, we think these banana cream cookies may soon become one of your favorite go-to recipes.
Banana Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe
For the cookie:
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup banana, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, 1 cup butter, banana, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place cookie balls on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 1 minute on sheet until transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting:
In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of frosting over bottoms of 1/2 the cooled cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
This recipe makes about 2 dozen Banana Cream Cookie Sandwiches.
More Banana Cream Cookie Ideas
Banana Pudding Sandwich Cookies
These yummy sandwich cookies are made with homemade vanilla wafers and stuffed with banana pudding. As Jenna mentions, if you're not a big fan of sandwich cookies, you can just spread some pudding on the cookies and then layer it with Cool Whip! Find the complete recipe on eatliverun.com
Banana Cream Cookies
Crispy homemade wafers stuffed with tasty banana cream. You may choose to enjoy them at room temperature, but Christina highly recommends freezing them before eating. Find the complete recipe on eatliverun.com
You Might Also Like:
- Snickerdoodles Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Orange Macadamia Cookies
- Chinese Almond Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Toasted Sesame Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Potato Chip Cookies
- Chili Powder and Pecan Crackle Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: