Quick & Easy Blonde Brownies Recipe
Bar cookies are the easiest thing in the world to make and this blonde brownie recipe is no exception!
Just stir a few basic ingredients together in a bowl, pour the batter into a baking pan and pop in the oven.
Blonde brownies can easily be personalized with the addition(s) of your choice - butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, etc.
The flavor combinations for these blondies are limited only by your imagination!
I sometimes bake them in a 9-inch round pie dish and serve wedges a la mode for dessert.
Blonde Brownies Recipe
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup optional additions below
- Stir the butter and brown sugar together until well combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Stir in any additions.
- Pour into the prepared pan and pop into the oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cut blondies into desired size and shape.
Recipe adapted from How To Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Food by Mark Bittman.
Optional Blonde Brownie Additions
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamia, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts)
- Chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, extra dark, white, or any combination)
- Peanut butter chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Chopped caramels
- Dried cherries
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped dried apricots
More Blondie Recipe Variations
- Add 2 teaspoons espresso powder to the butter/sugar mixture
- Add 2 tablespoons bourbon, amaretto, or rum to the butter/sugar mixture
Some of our favorite Blonde Brownie flavor combinations:
- Milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanuts
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, dried cherries, and walnuts
- White chocolate chips, coconut, and macadamia nuts
- Slivered almonds, chopped dried apricots, and amaretto
- White chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and dried cherries
- Oatmeal, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries
- Coconut, chopped dried apricots, and chopped almonds
- Chopped caramels and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries, coconut, and walnuts
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Rocky Road Brownies
- Apple Brownies
- Oatmeal Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- Hazelnut Coffee Brownies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: