Homemade Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Take an easy recipe for homemade cheesecake bars and embellish it with a jar of blueberry jam and fresh blueberries and what do you get?
A sensational blueberry cheesecake dessert, that's what!
I love cheesecake but sometimes a whole cheesecake is more than I want or need.
That's where homemade cheesecake bars come in.
You get all the great flavor of cheesecake but in a more manageable amount. They are easier and don't require special equipment like springform pans too.
I whipped up a batch of these lovely creamy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars recently and everyone loved them.
Next time I may try them with strawberry jam and a cup of chopped fresh strawberries.
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
The recipe suggests using graham cracker crumbs, but I think oatmeal cookie or shortbread cookie would be delicious too! And for even easier clean-up, line your baking pan with foil.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 graham crackers)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar blueberry jam
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan creating an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium high until creamy.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until creamy and well blended.
- Stir the jam around in the jar until it is spreadable and then spread it evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the jam.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and placing in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Cut into desired size and shape bars.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
This easy bars recipe has all the elements of a traditional cheesecake: a graham cracker crumb crust, rich and creamy filling, and juicy fresh fruit.
For the crust:
- 2 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purposed flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Press a 20-inch piece of aluminum foil into the bottom and over the sides of a 13x9-inch baking pan. Butter the foil.
- To make the crust:
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and stir until moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until slightly darkened.
- Transer pan to wire rack and cool slightly.
- To make the filling:
In another bowl, whisk the eggs just until blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat about 1 minute, until well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour and beat just until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add half of the beaten eggs and beat until just evenly colored, about 3o seconds.
- Add the remaining eggs and best just until fully blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat just until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large spoon, gently stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake until the filling looks set and does not wobble when the pan is shaken, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool until the top is room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to firm.
- Holding the ends of the foil, lift the bar to a cutting surface. Use a warmed knife to cut the bars into desired size and shape.
- Store bars in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.
Blueberry Muffin Mix Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 package Bakery Style Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Rinse blueberries from mix with cold water and pat dry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add muffin mix. Cut in butter with pastry blender. Stir in pecans.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes or until set.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, lemon juice and lemon peel and mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and then sprinkle with blueberries.
- Sprinkle topping packet from mix over blueberry layer.
- Return pan to oven and bake another 35 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool pan on wire rack.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
This recipe makes about 16 Blueberry Muffin Mix Cheesecake Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Apple Pie Squares
- Limoncello Cheesecake Bars
- Fig Newton Bars
- Macadamia Coconut Lemon Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: