Cake Like Brownies
Do you like Chocolate Brownies that are soft and cake like, rather than dense, chewy or fudgy?
You'll love these homemade brownies that turn out just like Mom used to make!
They are a favorite of anyone who prefers cake brownies - both for their chocolate taste and easy instructions.
This recipe for chocolate cake brownies is a great example of just how quick and easy homemade baking can be.
You just stir them together in a pot with a wooden spoon. Spread them into a pan and bake.
The secret to creating chocolate cake-like brownies is to find a recipe that calls for plenty of flour and milk for tenderness.
This has both, turning out lusciously light and tender brownies every time.
If you prefer your chocolate brownies without nuts, simply leave them out.
Chocolate Cake Like Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat lightly with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, stir in milk until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool two hours on a wire rack and cut your delicious cake like brownies into any size and shape you desire.
This recipe for Chocolate Cake Like Brownies is adapted from New Cook Book (Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbooks)
You Might Also Like:
- Betty Crocker Brownies
- Cocoa Brownies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- One Bowl Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: