Easy Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies
If love shortcut recipes that taste like homemade, you'll love this Easy Cookie Recipe that begins with a cake mix.
It's a versatile Recipe for Cake Mix Cookies that can be customized in a multitude of ways depending on the cake mix flavor and choice of mix-ins you select!
Beginning with a cake mix saves you time since you don't have to mix and measure all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda) for your cookies. They're great when your pantry is bare too.
To create your Easy Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies, select your flavor cake mix and up to 1 cup of optional additions. You can use one addition or a combination of additions that equals 1 cup, the choice is yours.We've listed some of our favorite Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies Recipe variations to get your creative juices flowing!
Always remember to check your cookies at the earliest baking time specified and continue baking if necessary, checking every minute or so until your Cake Mix Cookies are done.
Easy Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package of cake mix, your choice of flavors
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3-cup quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup total of any of the following optional additions:
- Chocolate chips or chunks (semisweet, milk, white, etc.)
- Baking chips (butterscotch, peanut butter, cinnamon, etc.)
- Candy coated chocolate candies (M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, etc.)
- Toffee baking bits
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- Dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, chopped apricots, etc.)
- Sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper for best results. (Alternatively lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.)
- In a large bowl beat half the dry cake mix, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix, oats, and optional additions of your choice (1 cup total) with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookie dough balls slightly with the back of a fork or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, or just until the edges are set but the centers are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 2 - 3 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
This cookie recipe makes about 30 Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies.
This recipe was adapted from Cake Mix Cookies: More Than 175 Delectable Cookie Recipes That Begin With a Box of Cake Mix by Camilla Saulsbury
Easy Mix & Match Cake Mix Cookies Recipe Variations
- Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1 cup butterscotch chips to a yellow cake mix.
- Carrot Raisin Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup walnuts to carrot cake mix.
- Cherry Nut Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries to cherry chip cake mix.
- Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts to devil's food cake mix.
- Cinnamon Spice Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1 cup cinnamon baking chips to spice cake mix.
- Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies: Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 chip white chocolate chips to your favorite chocolate or devil's food cake mix.
You Might Also Like:
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Chai Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Crunch Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: