Cake Mix Cookies:
Easy Cookie Recipes That Begin With Cake Mix
Have you ever tried baking cookies that begin with a cake mix?
Did you even know it's possible to make great cookies with cake mix?
I didn't until quite recently when I discovered all kinds of cake mix cookie recipes that sounded great and I began experimenting with them.
One of my first successes came last Christmas when at the last minute I decided I needed a chocolate cookie for my cookie gifts tray.
I whipped up a batch of Chocolate Cake Mix Crinkles.
And much to my surprise, several people reported back that it was their favorite!
I love the variety of cookie recipes that use cake mix.
Our Newest Cookie Cookbook - Available for Kindle!
We've gathered 25 of our favorite, tried-and-true easy cookie recipes and created a simple cookbook for all home-bakers, from beginner to expert. Our main goal was to provide tips and hints along with detailed recipes, so that you are able to bake fresh homemade cookies in the easiest, most effortless manner possible.
In addition to the favorite 25 recipes, we've included a fun bonus recipe that allows you to create your cookies based on your own likes and dislikes - there's lots of suggestions for fun flavoring ideas too! The idea is to give you a basic recipe that you can then "dress up" and call your own.
Click the book below to check our our newest book on Amazon and pick up a copy for your Kindle today!
You can make cookies from any flavor of cake mix you want—yellow, white, chocolate, spice, cherry chip, butter pecan, devil's food, or lemon. The options are endless!
There are literally hundreds to choose from - bar cookie recipes, drop cookie recipes, rolled cookie recipes and shaped cookie recipes that all begin with cake mix.
When I mentioned to my Mom and Nana that I was having fun trying out cookies with cake mix, Nana shared that one of her neighbors makes all her cookies from a cake mix and it was hard to tell them from scratch!
Mom, our family's resident doubter of all things new, wrinkled up her nose and said she couldn't imagine they would be any good!
I'm hoping to convince her otherwise with some samples of fresh baked cake mix cookies.
Why Use Cookie Recipes that start with Cake Mix?
Are cookies made from cake mixes for everyone? Probably not.
If you are an experienced baker who believes in baking only from scratch, they are not for you.
But, if you love cookie-baking shortcuts like the convenience of boxed cake mixes, these easy cookie recipes are worth a closer look.
Cookies Made With Cake Mix Are Perfect For:
- Helping inexperienced novice bakers build their cookie baking confidence.
- Busy bakers who like easy cookie recipes with short ingredient lists and minimal equipment.
- Baking with kids since there is less mixing and measuring required.
- Times when the pantry is bare and/or money is short. You can usually pick up cake mix on sale for $1 or less.
- When you want homemade cookies in a hurry.
Tips for Success When Baking Cookies Using Cake Mix
- Don't over mix the cookie dough.
- Only drop cookies on cool cookie sheets; never warm.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Don't over bake your cookies. They should be set around the edges, but still a bit soft on top.
- Cool your cookies completely, before storing them so they don't get soggy.
- Follow all directions precisely.
- Read the recipe all the way before beginning to bake.
Cake Mix Cookies and Bars Recipes
Here are the Bar and Cookie Recipes with Cake Mix we've discovered so far. If you have a favorite cookie recipe that starts with cake mix and you'd like to share it, please send it along and we'll do our best to get it added to our growing collection of favorite cookie recipes.
- Almond Fudge Brownie Bars
- Applesauce Cookies with cake mix
- Banana Cookies
- Blueberry Muffin Mix Cheesecake Bars
- Butterscotch Bars
- Butterscotch Nugget Bars
- Butterscotch Pecan Cookies with cake mix
- Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Chai Cookies
- Chili Powder and Pecan Crackles
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti with cake mix
- Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with cake mix
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cake Mix
- Chocolate Toffee Squares
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Cake Mix
- Chunky Chocolate Cookies with cake mix
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crispy German Chocolate Chews
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Easy Lemon Bars with Cake Mix
- Easy Molasses Spice Cookies
- German Chocolate Bars
- German Chocolate Brownies
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Lemon Cookies
- Lemon Crunch Cookies
- M&M Cookies with cake mix
- Marshmallow Peanut Bars
- Mix and Match Cookie Recipe
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with cake mix
- Orange Date Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Bars
- Pecan Date Bars
- Pineapple Cookies
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cake Mix
- Raspberry Bars with Cake Mix
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Cake Mix
- Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies