So rich, gooey, and delicious nobody will ever suspect they begin with cake mix!
Do you prefer rich decadent desserts? Are you a chocolate and caramel fan?
These Caramel Brownies are so rich, gooey, and delicious nobody will ever suspect they begin with a cake mix.
And talk about easy brownies, with just 5 ingredients these are quick and easy to make.
The most time consuming part is unwrapping the caramels!
If you have kids at home ask them to assist or replace the caramels with a jar of caramel ice cream topping if you are feeling especially lazy or are short on time.
This Caramel and Chocolate Brownies Recipe is a longtime favorite. Many friends have turned to it for decades.
We hope it becomes a favorite in your recipe box too. It's the kind of recipe I love, turning out deliciously rich, over-the-top brownies with minimal effort.
For best results I like to cool my caramel and chocolate brownies completely and give them a quick chill in the refrigerator to reduce the mess of oozing caramel when it's time to cut them.
For best results be sure to use a metal baking pan, not glass, when making these brownies.
We prefer Kraft caramels to any others we have tried.
Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 1 German Chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch metal baking pan and set aside.
- Alternatively, for easier cutting and clean-up, line the pan with foil and then grease the foil.
- Mix the cake mix with the melted butter and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk.
- Press 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk, either in a heavy pan under low heat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove brownies from the oven and pour melted caramel mixture over the brownies.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place the remaining batter on top by dropping spoonfuls. Don't worry if the batter doesn't completely cover the caramel.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Chocolate Caramel Brownies Variation:
Mix cake mix with 3/4 cup melted butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and 1/2 cup nuts.
At your next dinner party, serve caramel and chocolate brownie sundaes by topping a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle of caramel sauce and sprinkle of chopped nuts. Your guests are sure to swoon.
This caramel brownies recipe comes from The Madison County Cookbook.
This is an easy brownie recipe for toffee chunk blondies. If you like a little saltiness to accompany the sweetness, you can finish these with a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
Caramel-Toffee Brownies Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 bars (1.4 oz. each) chocolate covered English toffee candy, chopped
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with wooden spoon until blended.
- Add dry flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in chopped candy bars and oats.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
You Might Also Like:
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- Easy Rocky Road Brownies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: