Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
Quick and easy cake mix cookies with the flavors of carrot cake are a winner, especially for carrot cake lovers.
One of the things I like best about cookies is their versatility.
You can transform the flavors of almost any favorite baked good—like carrot cake—into a cookie.
Of course there are wonderful recipes for carrot cake cookies from scratch, but beginning with a cake mix makes life in the kitchen a whole lot quicker and easier!
You can keep your Carrot Cake Mix Cookies simple with just a carrot cake mix, butter, eggs, and raisins.
Or you can embellish them with extra spices, grated carrots, nuts, and/or drained crushed pineapple.
The way you prefer your carrot cake is probably the same way you will prefer your carrot cake cookies!
Always remember to check your cookies at the earliest baking time specified and continue baking if necessary, checking every minute or so until your cake mix cookies are done.
And only put cookie dough on cool cookie sheets, never warm, to prevent your cookies from melting and spreading too much.
These cookies should bake in about 10 to 12 minutes if you are not using additional wet ingredients such as carrots and pineapple. They will need a couple more minutes baking time if you do.
To make your Carrot Cake Mix Cookies extra special, finish them with a swirl or drizzle of prepared or homemade cream cheese frosting!
Classic Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package of carrot cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup raisins or sweetened dried cranberries
Any of the following optional ingredients you choose:
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup grated peeled carrot
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper for best results. (Alternatively lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.)
- In a large bowl beat half the dry cake mix, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice (if using) with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the, remaining cake mix and any optional additions you are using with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookie dough balls slightly with the back of a fork or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or just until the edges are set but the centers are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, swirl or drizzle with cream cheese frosting, either prepared or homemade.
Makes about 4 dozen Carrot Cake Mix Cookies.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer set on medium until creamy and well blended.
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
Easy Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
These quick-to-make cookies use a spice or carrot cake mix and a few extra ingredients to help you cut down on time spent baking.
Easy Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2-layer spice or carrot cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted if desired
- 1 16-ounce can cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the cake mix, shredded carrot, raisins, and nuts if using until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- If desired, sprinkle with 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts.
Makes about 3 dozen Easy Carrot Cake Mix Cookies.
Recipe adapted from Cake Mix Cookies by Camilla Saulsbury.
You Might Also Like:
- Homemade Carrot Cake Bar Cookies
- Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies from scratch
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars
- Breakfast Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: