Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies
If you're looking to make your cookies a little healthier, you'll want give this recipe for Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies a try.
In addition to the shredded carrots, this recipe calls for bran flakes cereal with raisins.
As you know, you have many options for the cereal.
While Kellogg's Raisin Bran might be the first one that comes to mind (as well as the cereal you already have in your pantry), you also might want to try Total Raisin Bran, Hearty Raisin Bran by Peace, Health Valley's Oat Bran Flakes with Raisins, or even Wheaties Bran Flakes with Raisins.
Did you know that in 1926, Skinner's Raisin Bran was the first brand in the U.S. market? It was made by U.S. Mills who is now better known for making Uncle Sam Cereal.
Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (2 medium) shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal with raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Stir in carrots and vanilla.
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda until mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in bran flakes cereal with raisins.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 9 to 14 minutes or just until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
This recipe makes about 5 1/2 dozen Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Homemade Carrot Cake Bar Cookies
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Breakfast Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Carrot Swirl Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: