Easy Cashew Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
This easy drop cookie recipe for Cashew Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies is perfect if you need a sturdy cookie to ship through the mail to friends and family.
Did you know that the cashew plant, or tree, is native to the northern part of South America but is was transported to India in the mid 1500's by Portuguese explorers?
Because of this transplant, you can now find cashew plants growing throughout southeast Asia as well as Africa.
Cashews are popular ingredients in many Chinese and Thai dishes and is also popular in the cultures and cuisines of the Philippines, Malaysia, Brazil and many other nations.
Also popular in the United States, I think you're more likely to eat cashews by themselves as a snack or dipped in chocolate.
If you love cashews like we do, you'll fall in love with these chunky cookies.
Easy Cashew Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
- Beat in as much flour as possible with the mixer and stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in rolled oats, cashews, chocolate and buttserscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks with a metal spatula and allow them to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen Cashew Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cranberry Cookie Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Banana Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Coconut Orange Macaroons
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: