Soft and Chewy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
This soft and chewy frosted cake mix cookie recipe comes from my brother's long-time friend Debi Bard.
When our call for family favorite cookie recipes went out to our family and friends, Debi was one of the first to respond with this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies.
Debi says, "You would never guess these chocolate cookies are made from a cake mix. They are very soft and moist."
With just 4 ingredients, Soft and Chewy Chocolate Frosted Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for busy home bakers who appreciate the convenience that boxed cake mixes and canned frostings provide.
Frosted Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 1 package (18.25 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup prepared frosting (from 1-lb container) your choice of flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For best results, line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively set aside ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the dry cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed or by hand with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes of just until set.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting on high for 10 to 15 seconds or until frosting is thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle frosting over cooled cookies.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen Soft and Chewy Chocolate Frosted Cake Mix Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Caramel Brownies
- M&M Cake Mix Cookies
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: