Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
This tasty and unique twist on America's favorite cookie is a winner.
With only 5 ingredients, these easy Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies may quickly become your go-to cookie.
Traditional butter cookies have a crispy texture and at their basic have no additional flavoring - usually just butter, flour and sugar.
But these are not your traditional butter cookies. It seems that the simple addition of chocolate chips can make almost anything extra special.
These delicious, melt-in-your-mouth cookies are perfect for after school snacks, company potlucks, family picnics or you holiday cookie table.
Bake them once and all your friends will want to know your secret recipe!
Easy Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use ungreased sheets.
- In a microwave, or heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in vanilla until combined. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour and sugar.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla mixture and chocolate chips until well mixed. Mixture should resemble coarse crumbles.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with back of spoon or bottom of glass.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 48 Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Chip Dalmatian Cookies
- Macadamia Butter Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: