Chocolate Chip Cinnabars
Looking to spice up your chocolate chip cookie bars recipe?
These delicious cake-like Chocolate Chip Cinnabars just might fit the bill.
Cinnamon mixes perfectly with mini chocolate chips in this tasty treat you are sure to enjoy any day of the year.
Did you know that cinnamon actually comes from the inner bark of trees that are native to South East Asia?
It is a popular spice used in such diverse dishes as curry, apple pie, bagels and breads, many cereals, and of course one of our favorite cookies, snickerdoodles.
Nutritionally, cinnamon is believed to be very beneficial in helping to lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol.
We hope you're interested in making these cake-like cinnamon bars soon and enjoy them as much as we do!
Cake-Like Chocolate Chip Cinnabars Recipe
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease 8 or 9-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add honey and vanilla and blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
This recipe makes one 8 or 9-inch square pan of Chocolate Chip Cinnabars.
You Might Also Like:
- Banana Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars with Cake Mix
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Raspberry Bars with Cake Mix
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- German Chocolate Bars
- Cranberry Date Bars
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- Butterscotch Bars with Cake Mix
- Fudge Filled Walnut Oatmeal Bars
- Sour Cream Banana Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: