Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Is it possible to make Healthy Triple Chocolate Cookies that taste good?
Yes, and this healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe for Chocolate Chunk Cookies proves it.
There are several things you can do to lighten the calories in cookies and boost their nutrition.
This healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe is a great example.
Half of the butter is replaced with canola oil, sugar is decreased, and whole wheat flour replaces some of the all-purpose flour.
These are Soft Chocolate Cookies with additional boosts of chocolate flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder, and chunks of both milk chocolate and dark chocolate!
Cocoa powder is naturally low in fat and loaded with healthy antioxidants. You can use it to replace some of the flour in baked goods.
Remember, one key to indulging in healthy treats like this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is to remember that while you can make cookies healthier, they are not "health food" and should be enjoyed in moderation.
More Great Healthy Low Fat Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
A great collection of low fat chocolate chip cookies that are healthier and taste great.
- Amaretti Cookies
Naturally low in fat with a healthy boost from chopped almonds, these Italian Almond Meringues are just what the healthy dieter ordered and they're delicious too.
- Low Fat Pistachio Biscotti
With just one egg yolk and no butter, low fat biscotti are another great low fat cookie alternative.
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Granola Bars
Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
The rich and chewy cookies are bursting with macadamia nuts and chunks of chocolate and can be appreciated year-round.
Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or use ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts and blend until thoroughly mixed throughout the cookie dough.
- Drop large rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet spaced about 3 inches apart.
- Press down lightly on top of each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 to 2 dozen Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, but into 1/2-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned and skins begin to crackle.
- Wrap nuts in clean kitchen towel and let them stand 5 minutes.
- Rub nuts in towel to remove skins, then cool completely and chop coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one-at-a-time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while beating on low speed, just until combined.
- Stir in chopped chocolate chunks and chopped hazelnuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- M&M Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Just Like Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Sunflower Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisinets® Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: