Chocolate Dream Cookies
Easy Chocolate Dream Cookies featuring the best of both worlds with white and semisweet chocolate.
You might be wondering, what exactly white chocolate is anyway?
All the white baking products you can find at the supermarket (such as baking squares, baking pieces, baking chunks, and white candy or confectioners' coating) are not created equal.
You'll find that some contain cocoa butter while others do not.
The only products that are true white chocolate contain cocoa butter.
Be sure to read your cookie recipe thoroughly before heading out to the store for ingredients.
When a recipe specifies white chocolate baking squares with cocoa butter, be sure to check the product for ingredient "cocoa butter."
White chocolate isn't true chocolate because it doesn't contain any chocolate liquor, which is a paste from which all versions of the real thing are made.
You'll soon discover that white chocolate has a mild, sweet vanilla flavor and a creamy texture.
To make your drop cookie baking alot easier, you may want to invest in a cookie scoop or two. They come in a variety of sizes and allow you to make cookies of the same size with ease.
Chocolate Dream Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips or peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed, beat shortening and butter for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in flour and cocoa powder.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, white baking chips (or peanut butter chips) and nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by a 1/4-cup measure (or 2 ounce cookie scoop portions) onto prepared cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Flatten dough mounds into 3 inch circles (using bottom of a glass or back of hand).
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or just until set.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and let cookies stand for 1 minute on sheet before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 24 Chocolate Dream Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: