Chocolate M&M Cookies Recipes
I love M&M Cookies for several reasons.
First, they taste good. And second, M&M cookies are fun to make since there are so many kinds of M&Ms available these days.
M&M cookies make easy festive holiday cookies too since holiday colored M&Ms are now available for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter.
When you don't have time to make cut out sugar cookies, opt for easy holiday cookies made with holiday M&Ms instead.
And for a change of pace, here's a couple recipes for Chocolate M&M Cookies that pack a double dose of chocolate from cocoa powder in the cookie dough and the M&Ms.
Easy Chocolate M&M Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms chocolate candies (plus more for decorating the tops)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything gets blended.
- In medium bowl, stir flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture.
- Stir in M&Ms Chocolate Candies and nuts, if using.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Press a few more M&Ms into the top of the mounds of cookie dough.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes for chewy cookies or 14 to 16 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen Chocolate M&M Cookies.
Oatmeal Walnut M&M Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup M&Ms, plus more for decorating cookie tops
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl stir together the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and well blended.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture a little at a time until blended.
- Stir in the M&Ms and walnuts.
- Place tablespoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Lightly press a few more M&Ms on top of each mound of cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the cookie sheets for about 2 minutes and then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 5 dozen Oatmeal Walnut M&M Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamias and Coconut
- Lemon Cookies
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: