Easy Chunky Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Here's an easy variation of chunky chocolate cookies made from cake mix.
Making Chunky Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies saves you time since you don't have to mix and measure all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda) for your cookies.
You avoid the messy and sometimes tricky step of melting chocolate too!
That's where shortcut versions of favorite homemade cookie recipes come in.
I love streamlining recipes making them more user friendly, especially for busy home cooks!
When I first made these Chunky Chocolate Cookies full of chocolate chunks, nuts and dried fruit, I fell in love. They're delicious. But they take a bit of time.
One great shortcut is to make cookies from cake mix. If you're a fan of shortcut recipes that taste like homemade, you'll love this easy chunky chocolate cookie recipe that begins with a cake mix.
Chunky Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup moist plump raisins, dried cranberries, or finely chopped apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively, lightly grease cookie sheets with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, water, melted butter, and egg with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all ingredients are well combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts, and dried fruit until incorporated throughout the dough.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are set but still slightly soft in the center. Do not overbake.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 1 minute. Remove the cookies with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container, between layers of parchment or wax paper for up to 1 week.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen Easy Chunky Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Chunky Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cake Mix
- Pumpkin Drops with Orange Frosting
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: