Club Cracker No Bake Cookie Bars
Another great recipe for no bake cookies made from two kinds of crackers - club crackers and crushed graham crackers.
There are a lot of variations of this delicious no bake cookie recipe but this is my favorite.
Club crackers are made by Keebler and are rich and buttery crackers with a flaky texture that seem to just melt in your mouth.
Today's graham crackers are much sweeter than the original versions - thanks to the additions of cinnamon, honey and/or chocolate flavors or coatings.
They were initially created by mixing finely ground unbleached wheat flour with coarsely ground wheat bran and wheat germ.
The recipe is written in my grandmother's handwriting on a speckled 3x5 index card that recently found its way to me.
It comes from my 92-year-old grandmother by way of her old high school friend, Edith.
I love these old treasured cookie recipes passed on to friends and family through the generations.
There is something so special about them!
This no bake cookie recipe makes a 9x13-inch pan of Club Cracker No Bake Cookie Bars.
Make some and watch how fast they disappear!
Club Cracker No Bake Cookie Bars Recipe
- 60 club crackers
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Line the bottom of the foil-lined pan with a layer of club crackers (about 30).
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk, and butter.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and continue to boil and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the layer of crackers in the pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Cover the mixture with another layer of club crackers.
- In a small saucepan melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the top of the crackers.
- Cool until set.
- Cut into bars.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Club Cracker No Bake Cookie Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Rocky Road No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate No Bake Cereal Bars
- Cranberry Rice Crispy Treats
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Nutella Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: