Coconut Date Cookies
This is an easy to make recipe for Coconut Date Cookies.
And the best part is that it all begins with package Sugar Cookie mix.
These cookies will keep well for you in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
We don't recommend freezing them as the Whole Grain Total® cereal will lose it's crunch and the cookies will be much less interesting and enjoyable.
In addition to the coconut, our next favorite ingredient in these cookies is the chopped dates.
Dates are an important source of many dietary vitamins and minerals and contain lots of healthy fiber and have a very satisfying natural sweetness.
These coconut date cookies are perfect for sharing during the holidays - or anytime.
Coconut Date Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- Egg and Butter as called for on the cookie mix package
- 1 cup lightly packed flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups Whole Grain Total® cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Mix sugar cookie mix as directed on package, using egg and butter.
- Stir in coconut, chopped dates and condensed milk.
- Gently stir in Total cereal.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute on sheets before transferring cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 dozen Coconut Date Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamias and Coconut
- Chocolate Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Banana Cookies
- Crunchy Date Rounds
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Spicy Pumpkin Date Cookies
- Golden Coconut Macaroons
- Chocolate Coconut Drops
- Oatmeal Raisin Cake Mix Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisinets® Cookies
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: