Coconut Pecan Caramel Brownies
Here's a recipe for chocolate brownies worthy of celebrating - Chocolate Caramel Brownies that are over-the-top delicious thanks to the addition of coconut and pecans.
These decadent caramel brownies are real crowd pleasers.
They may very well become your favorite recipe for Coconut Pecan Caramel Brownies, especially when you want a homemade dessert that is a little more special.
Don't be surprised when others want the recipe for these extra-special caramel brownies.
Coconut Pecan Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside. Alternatively, line the pan with foil that extends a bit beyond the sides of the pan and mist with cooking spray. This will allow you to remove the caramel brownies in one whole slab for more even cutting and make cleanup easier.
- Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 - 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition just until blended.
- Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate morsels.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle batter evenly with coconut, 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, and chopped pecans.
- Drizzle evenly with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Coconut Pecan Caramel Brownies.
Recipe Source: This delicious brownies recipe comes from the December 2005 edition of Southern Living.
Are you looking for a caramel brownies recipe this is super quick and easy? Try our recipe for quick and easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies that begin with a cake mix!
You Might Also Like:
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- Praline Brownies
- Maple Walnut Blondies
- Hazelnut Coffee Brownies
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies: