Cookie Dough Brownies
What are Cookie Dough Brownies?
They are what you get when you combine two all time classics—chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie batter—in the same pan.
Cookie Bar Brownies are easy, rich, and delicious cookie bars.
They are easy because you begin with packaged mixes, which can be a big time saver.
Of course you could always make brownies with cookie dough from scratch too.
This recipe comes from Betty Crocker, a great source for quick and easy recipes since 1921.
Betty suggests topping these cookie brownie bars with a layer of prepared chocolate frosting. They would also be terrific topped with rich chocolate ganache!
I think they are plenty rich without the icing.
Sometimes less is more when it comes to sweet treats, like these cookie bar brownies. But don't let my restraint stop you, feel free to frost your brownies till your heart's content.
These Cookie Brownies are the kind of home-baked treat perfect for picnics, potlucks, and bake sales.
Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
For the brownie layer:
- 1 box (19 to 22 ounce) brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
For the cookie dough layer:
- 1 package (1 lb 1.5 oz) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 container chocolate frosting or homemade chocolate ganache (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the brownie mix, oil, water and 2 eggs as directed on the box.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into prepared pan.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together the brownie mix, butter and 1 egg as directed on the box. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Frost with prepared frosting or spread with homemade ganache.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Cookie Dough Brownies.
Recipe Source: Betty Crocker
Chocolate Ganache Recipe
To make chocolate ganache, heat 3/4 cup cream and 2 tablespoons butter to just below the boiling point. Pour over 1 1/3 cups chopped chocolate (8 ounces) and allow to sit 3 to 4 minutes. Stir until smooth and shiny. Spread over cooled brownies.
You Might Also Like:
- Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Brownies
- Caramel Brownies
- Fudge Brownies
- Betty Crocker Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies (small batch)
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies: