Delicious Fresh Cranberry Bars
Here are a couple delicious Fresh Cranberry Bar Recipes for you.
Fresh cranberries are a great source of good stuff like vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. They are also great ingredient for baking.
Think cranberry bread, cranberry cake, cranberry muffins, cranberry cookies and cranberry squares/bars.
Fresh cranberries are available in the produce section of your grocery store each Fall. If you like to bake with fresh cranberries during the rest of the year, pick up a few extra bags and pop them in your freezer!
Fresh cranberry cookie bars are delicious during the holidays and all year through.
Fresh Cranberry Bars Recipe
This cranberry bar recipe puts a delicious twist on traditional lemon bars and they are oh, so delicious! The recipe calls for using a food processor, which can be quick and easy, but you can mix these cookie bars together by hand the old-fashioned way if you prefer.
Shortbread Cookie Base:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 325F degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor pulse flour, sugar, salt, and butter together until crumbly. Dump mixture into prepared baking pan and pat down evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling. In food processor whirl together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Add flour and baking powder. Whirl just until smooth.
- Scatter cranberries over warm pastry. Sprinkle with coconut. Pour lemon mixture over top. It will spread to fill the pan while baking.
- Bake in center of oven until center is set (about 55 minutes). Cool and cut into squares. Store in airtight container for up to four days or freeze.
This Fresh Cranberry Cookie Bar Recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan.
Crumbly Cranberry Bar Recipe
Cookie Bars Base:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Make the cranberry filling in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium high heat by mixing granulated sugar, orange juice and water. Heat to boiling.
- Stir in cranberries, orange peel and cinnamon and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened; cool.
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 400F degrees. Pull out your 9x13-inch baking pan.
- While the filling is cooling, prepare the crumbly crust in a medium bowl by mixing together brown sugar and butter.
- Stir in all remaining bar ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture evenly into the ungreased pan.
- Spread filling over the base.
- Top with remaining half of crumbly mixture; pressing it down lightly.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pan of bars to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Cut into desired size and shape bars while still a bit warm.
This recipe makes one 9x13-inch pan of Crumbly Cranberry Bars.
Cranberry Squares Recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Bake Time: about 45 minutes
Total Time from Start to Finish: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 6 cups fresh or frozen (do not thaw) cranberries
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil allowing foil to extend beyond the the pan on two opposite sides, creating handles.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Using Pastry Blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan and bake for 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare cranberry filling. In a 3-quart saucepan, stir together the cranberries, 1/2 cup of the cranberry juice and the granulated sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until cranberries start to burst.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining 1/4 cup cranberry juice and eggs.
- Pour warm cranberry mixture over partially baked crust.
- Return baking pan to oven and bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden and filling set.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack, at least 1 hour.
- Use foil handles to lift bars from pan and cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Sprinkle bars with 1/3 cup powdered sugar, if desired.
This festive recipe makes about 36 Cranberry Squares.
Nutrition information per serving (1 square):
Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g)
Sodium 52 mg
Total Carbs 18g
You Might Also Like:
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cranberry Cookie Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Squares
- Cranberry Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cranberry Drops
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- White Chocolate Chip Brandied Cranberry Cookie Recipe
Helpful Baking Supplies:
Back from Cranberry Bars to Bar Cookie Recipes