Cranberry Date Bars
Dried cranberries and dates are a match made in heaven in these Cranberry Date Bars.
The secret to these flavorful bars is the cardamom.
Cardamom is a plant within the ginger family and native to the nations of India and Bhutan.
Within India, cardamom is often referred to as the spice of paradise.
This common ingredient is frequently used in Indian cuisine as well as some baked breads from Scandinavia.
You can also find cardamom as a flavoring for some tea and coffee drinks throughout the Middle East.
The addition of cardamom to these moist and fruity cranberry date bars lends a slightly woodsy and sweet flavor.
These yummy bars can be mixed in 15 minutes and baked in 25 minutes - a small price to pay for a wonderfully aromatic and tasty homebaked cookie bar.
Cranberry Date Bars Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, extending the foil over the edges. Lightly grease the foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together biscuit mix and cardamom.
- Stir in dates, cranberries and pecans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed, beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in dry biscuit and cardamom mixture just until combined.
- Spread dough in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, use foil to lift bars from pan.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
- Dust tops of bars with powdered sugar.
This Cranberry Date Bars Recipe makes one 8x8-inch pan.
You Might Also Like:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Cranberry Cookies
- Spice Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Date Squares
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- Fruit Cake Cookies
- Crunchy Date Rounds
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Hermits Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cranberry Bars Recipe
- Glazed Lemon Drop Cookies
- Cranberry Bars
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
Helpful Baking Supplies: