Simple Cranberry Jumbles
Ideal for any holiday potluck, bake sale or dessert table, these simple cranberry jumbles are sure to make your mouth water.
With a foundation of a basic brown sugar cookie dough, these delicious cookies are dressed up for the holidays with dried cranberries, almonds and finished with a zesty orange drizzle.
This recipe has been perfected over the years and we're sure it will quickly become one of your favorite go-to, holiday cookies.
You may not use up all of your dried cranberries making these cookies, so store any unused dried fruit in airtight container in the refrigerator, or place in the freezer for up to six months. Just remember to thoroughly thaw any frozen fruit before you begin baking.
Cranberry Jumbles Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice (or orange juice)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside ungreased cookie sheet or line them with parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add egg and juice into flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Prepare Orange Icing:
In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, finely shredded orange peel and enough orange juice to turn frosting into drizzling consistency.
- Remove cookies from sheet and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle Orange Icing over cookies.
This recipe yields about 32 Cranberry Jumbles.
You Might Also Like:
- Mint Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Orange Frosted Fruit Cake Cookies
- M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: