Crispy Oat Drops
This easy cookie recipe offers a nice twist on traditional oatmeal cookies.
The results are crispy - thanks to the crisp rice cereal, tropical - thanks to the coconut, and fun - thanks to the mini M&M's.
As with most cookie recipes that call for oats, you'll want to use either quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats when making these treats.
Did you know that quick-cooking and old-fashioned oats are essentially the same thing?
The only real difference being that quick-cooking oats cook faster because they have been rolled into thinner flakes!
Crispy Oat Drops Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups M&M's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Baking Bits
- 1 cup toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or set aside ungreased sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Blend dry flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in mini M&M's baking bits, cereal, coconut and pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls at least 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove sheets from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen Crisy Oat Drops.
You Might Also Like:
- Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies
- Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisinets® Cookies
Tools For The Drop Cookie Baker
Back from Crispy Oat Drops to Drop Cookie Recipes