Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
I've been on a dark chocolate kick lately and I've fallen in love with these Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
Dried cranberries are often overlooked as a cookie ingredient but they are very popular during the holiday season.
This recipe calls for Dutch process cocoa along with dark chocolate chips - so it's sure to satisfy even the strongest chocolate cravings!
And the dark chocolate pairs so well with the tart cranberries. Yum!!
Dutch process cocoa is a special type of cocoa that has been modified in it's color as well as having a milder a taste.
Learn more about the differences between natural cocoa and Dutch process cocoa.
You'll also be using whole wheat pastry flour which has a very fine texture and results in very light cookies.
This pastry flour is very different from regular whole wheat flour which will make your cookies more dense.
Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 8 minutes per sheet
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners, or use ungreased sheets.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter for 30 seconds.
- Beat in the brown sugar, granulated sugar and baking powder until combined.
- Beat in the egg just until combined.
- using the electric mixer, beat in as much of the flour mixture as possible.
- Stir in any remaining flour mixture, chocolate chips and dried cranberries with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls at least 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 30 Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Black Magic Cookies
- Cranberry Jumbles
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamias and Coconut
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: