Frosted Brazilian Mocha Cookies
These simple looking frosted cookies are packed with the extra rich and decadent flavor combination of chocolate, coffee and brazil nuts.
Did you know that Brazil nuts come from a tree in the same order as cranberries, blueberries, persimmons and kiwi fruit?
These trees can grow to 160 feet tall (about 50 meters) and may have trunks 3 feet to 6 feet (1 to 2 meters) in diameter!
As you can see, they are not necessarily small trees.
Brazil nuts are very nutritious, providing 18% protein and 13% carbs. Like most nuts, they are high in fat, so moderation is key.
They are also an excellent source of selenium, magnesium, copper, manganese, thiamin and vitamin E.
We think you'll quickly fall in love with these easy frosted mocha-flavored cookies.
Frosted Brazilian Mocha Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Brazil nuts
- 1 package Hershey's Kiss Candies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, silicone liners or use ungreased sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, instant coffee, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, shortening, egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped Brazil nuts until well mixed.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for easier handling, about 30 minutes.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls, shape dough into balls and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and and press one Hershey's Kiss candy into center of each hot cookie.
- When chocolate has melted, spread to frost.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts over cookies.
This recipe makes about 36 Frosted Brazilian Mocha Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Fudge Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- Chili Powder and Pecan Crackles
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: