Fudge-Filled Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate lovers rejoice with double delight.
What's better than one chocolate chip cookie?
How about two chocolate chip cookies sandwiched around deliciously fudgy filling?
That's what you'll get with this easy and fun recipe - cookies that are a joy to make and even more fun assembling!
Filling homemade sandwich cookies is the perfect job for young bakers or those who are still kids at heart.
Make these cookies once and you'll be asked to make them again and again because they are that good!
Fudge-Filled Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies Recipe
For the cookies:
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 6-ounce package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
For the Fudge Filling:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream the 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat on low until well mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually beat the dry flour mixture into the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips, and chopped nuts if using, until evenly distributed throughout.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls at least 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit on sheet for one minute before transferring cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate fudge filling:
In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continously.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until consistency is smooth and spreadable.
- Filling your cooled cookies:
Spread 1 heaping teaspoon fudge filling between bottoms of two cookies.
This recipe makes about 24 Fudge-Filled Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Dream Cookies
- Chunky Chocolate Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: