Chewy Granola Apple Spice Cookies
If you love granola and you love big and chewy cookies, then you'll love this recipe for Granola Apple Spice Cookies.
This recipe perfectly combines granola, raisins and freshly grated apple with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in these big and chewy cookie snacks.
Did you that cloves are actually dried flower buds from trees that are native to islands in Indonesia?
Most recipes use clove sparingly since they are very pungent and aromatic so a little of this spice goes a long way.
Clove is also one of the main ingredients in one of my favorite warm beverages, chai tea.
I think a freshly brewed cup of chai tea would taste great with these granola cookies - I'll have to try that soon!
These cookies are hearty and they travel well and can easily be packaged up and mailed to loved ones as well.
Chewy Granola Apple Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 3 cups granola
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and mix well.
- Stir in granola, apple and raisins until distributed throughout the dough.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4-cup of dough on prepared cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 15 Big and Chewy Granola Apple Spice Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Almond Granola Cookie Bars
- Blueberry and Maple Granola Bars
- Chewy Apricot Almond Granola Bars
- Chewy Apricot Granola Bars
- Chewy, Crunchy, Coconut Granola Bars
- Easy Granola Bar Recipes
- Fruity, Nutty, Whole Grain Granola Bars
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Low Fat Granola Bars
- No Bake Almond Bars
- Nutty Crunchy Granola Bars
- Granola Bar Recipes
Helpful Kitchen Tools For The Granola Cookie Baker: