Homemade Almond Granola Cookie Bars
These tasty granola cookie bars are easy to make and oh so delicious!
When you want to make almond granola bars, full of oats, almonds, chocolate and coconut, why not give this granola cookie bar recipe a try?
Homemade granola cookie bars taste so much better than the kind from a box.
These almond oat bars are packed with wholesome tasty ingredients that are sure to make you smile.
I often keep individually wrapped granola cookie bars in my bag, for when hunger strikes, which can prevent me from making an unhealthy fast food stop.
This granola cookie bar recipe is quick and easy - just beat together your ingredients, spread into a pan and bake for about 25 minutes. That's all there is to it.
Once you discover how easy and satisfying it is to make your own granola cookie bars, you'll never want the packaged kind again!
Almond Oat Granola Cookie Bars Recipe
This recipe for granola cookie bars calls for whole-wheat pastry flour. I prefer King Arthur White Wheat flour. If you don't have whole-wheat pastry flour, regular whole wheat flour can be used. Regular unbleached all-purpose flour will work too.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir pastry flour, rolled oats, and salt to combine; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, coconut, almonds, and cranberries.
- Spread in an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into desired size bars.
Makes one 9x13-inch pan of Almond Oat Granola Cookie Bars
You Might Also Like:
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: