Hazelnut Coffee Brownies
A delicious and fudgy brownie recipe for fans of hazelnut coffee and chocolate.
Hazelnuts are nuts that actually come from hazel trees (or shrubs) and the nuts are also commonly referred to as filberts.
Not only a popular coffee flavoring, hazelnuts also play a key role as the main ingredient in making some types of pralines and the ever-popular Nutella - chocolate hazelnut spread.
If you like praline, be sure to try this favorite recipe for delicious praline brownies.
Nutritionally, hazelnuts also compare favorably to the more popular almond.
One ounce of hazelnuts provides 178 calories, 4.3 grams of protein and 4.7 grams of carbohydrate compared to one ounce of almonds which provides 163 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5.6 grams of carbohydrate.
Hazelnut and Coffee Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strong, hazelnut flavored coffee (hot)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3.5 ounce hazelnut chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x11-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add coffe, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Stir in hazelnuts and hazelnut chocolate bar.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away and center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut into desired size bars. I often chill my brownies in the fridge for a while to make cutting them even easier.
This recipe makes one 9x11-inch pan of Hazelnut Coffee Brownies.
Adapted from the Simply In Season (World Community Cookbook)
You Might Also Like:
- Smores Brownies
- Coconut Pecan Caramel Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Turtle Brownies
- Mocha Brownies
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Peppermint Pattie Brownies
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies: