Lemon Snowbites Cookies
If you're looking to make something a little different, look no further than these Lemon Snowbites Cookies.
These little lemon sandwich cookies are easy to make and there's not a lot of measuring since they start with packaged sugar cookie mix.
The filling is a mixture of lemon curd and whipped topping - which is perfect for these easy cookie sandwiches.
If you've never had lemon curd, you'll definitely want to give this citrus spread a try with this recipe.
Lemon curd is a cooked mixture of sugar, butter, egg yolks and fresh lemon juice which becomes quite thick by itself.
So for this recipe, we lighten it a bit by mixing in some whipped dessert topping.
Lemon Snowbites Cookies Recipe
- 1 17 1/2-ounce package sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup crushed hard lemon candies
- 2/3 cup purchased lemon curd
- 2/3 cup frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, prepare sugar cookie mix according to package directions.
- Stir in crushed lemon candies.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for about 1 hour so it is easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are firm and cookies are light brown on bottom.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare the filling:
In a small bowl, stir together lemon curd and whipped topping and set aside.
- To assemble cookies, place a rounded teaspoon of filling on the bottom side of a cookie and top with another cookie, top side up.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate filled cookies for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
This recipe makes about 24 Lemon Snowbites.
You Might Also Like:
- Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
- Potato Chip Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Easy Snickerdoodles Recipe using Cake Mix
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from Lemon Snowbites to Christmas Cookies