Low Fat Brownies
You can feel good about turning to our Lower Fat Brownies with Applesauce recipe to satisfy your brownies cravings.
Do you prefer to indulge in homemade baked treats that are lower in fat?
Are you a brownies lover?
Have you been searching for a great recipe for low fat chocolate brownies with applesauce?
You've come to the right place!
Part of the fat in these decadent low fat chocolate brownies recipe has been replaced with applesauce - a healthy low fat alternative in your homemade baked goods that helps to keep them moist without sacrificing flavor.
These are easy low fat brownies too! All the ingredients are stirred together in a single bowl making cleanup a breeze.
Be Sure to Choose High Quality Ingredients for your Low Fat Brownies
Since chocolate brownies have so few ingredients and fat is the ingredient that helps to carry flavor, it's important to use only the best chocolate for your lower fat brownies.
Experiment with the types and kinds of chocolate you use to determine your favorites. Some bakers favor the long standing supermarket brand - Bakers. Others prefer premium important and domestic chocolate for baking.
It's a matter of personal taste, so choose the chocolate you favor and savor the delicious brownies you can create.
Choose the Right Pan for Best Results with Your Easy Low Fat Brownies
For best results use a glass or shiny metal pan to bake your easy low fat brownies. Dark pans tend to create soggy brownies that don't rise as much.
If you have a dark pan, one solution is to line it with aluminum foil creating a shiny surface for your brownie batter to blissfully bake in. This also makes clean up easier and allows you to remove your brownies from the pan in a single slab that you can then cut more evenly.
Lining your brownie pan with foil is easy to do. Just place your pan upside down on your counter. Shape a piece of foil that is longer than the pan over the pan then carefully remove it and set it aside. Flip the pan over and place the foil liner inside the pan. Voila - you have a foil lined pan quick and easy. The extra foil serves as "handles" to make removal from the pan super easy.
Low Fat Brownies with Applesauce Recipe
If you are a brownie purist and prefer your chocolate brownies without nuts, simply leave them out.
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Alternatively, line the pan with foil that extends a bit beyond the sides of the pan and mist with cooking spray. This will allow you to remove the brownies in one whole slab for more even cutting and easier cleanup.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate on high for one minute.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add oil, applesuace, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Stir in sugar and then egg whites until well blended.
- Add flour and chopped nuts (if using) and stir just until incorporated. You don't want to overmix the batter or your brownies may be tough.
- Spread the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
This recipe makes on 9x13-inch pan of Low Fat Chocolate Brownies.
More Brownies You Might Like:
- Apple Brownies
- Classic Oatmeal Brownies
- Black Bean Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Marmalade Brownies
Helpful Brownie Baking Supplies:
Back from Low Fat Brownies to Brownies Recipes