M&M Cake Mix Cookies
Another great recipe for cookies made out of cake mix.
M&M Cake Mix Cookies have all the delicious flavor of the original M&M cookie recipe with the convenience of beginning with a cake mix cookie.
If you've never tried cookies made with cake mix, you owe it to yourself to give them a try!
They are a wonderful shortcut for the busy home baker since they save you the trouble of measuring several dry ingredients.
M&M cookies are a favorite, especially with kids. Bake up a batch of these delicious M&M Cake Mix Cookies for your next birthday party or as a fun rainy day baking activity with the kids.
Remember to let your cookie sheets cool completely before placing more cookie dough on them. You can speed up the process by running cold water on the back of your cookie sheet and then wiping it dry.
M&M Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups M&Ms (reserve 1/2 cup for tops of cookies)
- Position one of your oven racks in the middle of your oven and preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl blend together half of the dry cake mix, butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and well blended. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary to make sure everything is well blended.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix, and M&Ms with a wooden spoon just until combined and moistened.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Press several additional M&Ms into each cookie.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time on the middle rack of the oven. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden and the centers are just barely set when lightly touched with your fingertip.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and cool cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer the cookies with a thin metal spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 4 dozen M&M Cake Mix Cookies.
These M&M Cake Mix Cookies can be made with your favorite variety of M&Ms - regular M&Ms, holiday M&Ms, dark chocolate M&Ms, M&M mini baking pieces, etc.
Prefer to make your M&M cookies from scratch? Here's the Original M&M Cookie Recipe.
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like:
- German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cake Mix
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies with Cake Mix
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: