Easy M&M Treat Bars
This is a special and fun easy recipe for M&M Treat Bars.
And it's all based on a recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Simply spread the cookie dough into a baking pan and top with M&Ms and caramels for these candy "surprise" bars.
These are a great addition to any bake sale table or would make a great lunch box treat.
Dress them up at the holidays with red and green M&Ms for a jolly good time.
M&M Treat Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 12 caramels, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Set aside ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Graudally add flour, baking soda and salt and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Spread dough evenly in baking pan.
- Sprinkle M&Ms and caramels over top and press lightly into dough.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut bars into desired size and shape.
This recipe makes about 24 M&M Treat Bars.
You Might Also Like:
- Caramel Rocky Road Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies:
Back from M&M Treat Bars to Cookie Bar Recipes