Homemade Maple Pumpkin Cookies
Warm up your ovens and start a new Thanksgiving tradition with these moist and muffin-like Maple Pumpkin Cookies.
This simple recipe incorporates all the necessary autumnn spices - like cinnamon, ginger and glove - into a delicious soft cookie.
Add in pumpkin, maple and walnuts and you've got a flavor combination that is impossible to resist!
Everyone seems to always default to the more traditional pie at Thanksgiving, but we're making it our mission to get more people to find creative ways to bake tasty autumn cookies too.
Afterall cookies are easy to make - often times you can prepare the dough ahead of time (and freeze is necessary) - they store easily and are generally good travelers.
Try mailing your favorite pumpkin pie, generally not a good idea! Even a long car ride can leave you with a mess.
We think these yummy pumpkin maple walnut cookies may quickly become your "go to" Thanksgiving treat!
Maple Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus a little extra
- 1 egg
- 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups (1 pound) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon maple extract
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves just until combined.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough, at least 2 inches apart, onto lined cookie sheets.
- Rub a little dough on the bottom of a glass to moisten it, then dip it in granulated sugar and use the bottom of the sugar-coated glass to slightly flatten the dough balls.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or just until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the maple glaze:
In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and maple extract together until it forms a glaze of drizzling consistency.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to racks to cool completely.
- Place some waxed paper beneath the wire racks and then drizzle maple glaze over the warm cookies.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the glaze.
- Allow glaze to set before serving.
This recipe yields about 2 dozen Glazed Maple Pumpkin Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Vanilla Glazed Apple Raisin Cookies
- Butter Jam Cookies
- Apple Raisin Cookies
- Spice Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: