Meringue Cookie Recipe - One of our Favorite Italian Cookies
These special meringue cookies are made extra special with the additions of shredded coconut, cornflakes, and miniature chocolate chips!
It's like cornflake cookies, coconut cookies, and chocolate chip meringues rolled into one delicious unique cookie!
This quick and easy Meringue Cookie Recipe requires just seven ingredients, one bowl, and stirs together in minutes, but requires an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
These simply sensational meringue cookies can be dropped by teaspoonfuls or scooped with a small ice cream scoop, one of my favorite cookie baking utensils, onto prepared cookie sheets.
Remember, it's best to bake your cookies one baking sheet at a time in the center of your oven. And never, never, put cookie dough on warm cookie sheets or it will melt before it has a chance to bake.
This delicious Recipe for Meringue Cookies is no exception.
Meringue Cookie Recipe
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup moist shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Adjust oven racks so one is in the center of your oven. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, nonstick foil, or silicone liners, to insure optimal results. Alternatively, grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly beat the confectioner's sugar into the egg white mixture until glossy then add the almond extract.
- Gently stir/fold the coconut, corn flakes, and mini chocolate chips into the egg white mixture, being careful to not deflate the egg whites.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and dry. Check the cookies frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven and place cookie sheets on wire racks. Allow the cookies to cool for several minutes before transferring them with a thin metal spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the delicious meringue cookies in an airtight container.
This recipe yields about 3 dozen Meringue Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Cranberry Cookies
- Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Carrot Raisin Bran Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: