Mexican Chocolate Macaroons
If you love chocolate and you love almonds, then you will love these Mexican Chocolate Macaroons.
With only 6 ingredients these cookies are easy to make and especially fun if you have some little helpers to help rolling the dough into balls.
The dough is a simple mixture of chocolate, almonds, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and egg whites - probably all ingredients that you already have in your home.
Just process all the ingredients into a fine mixture, roll into balls, top with an almond, bake, then drizzle with some melted chocolate. Yummy!!
As always allow your cookie sheets to completely cool between bakings - you can rinse them under cool water to speed up the cooling process!
Be sure to wipe off your baking sheets with clean dish towels or paper towels between bakings, if necessary, to remove any moisture or leftover crumbs.
Mexican Chocolate Macaroons Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) semisweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1/3 cup whole almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop 5 squares baking chocolate.
- Add 1 3/4 cups almonds and sugar and process until mixture is finely ground using a pulsing on/off action.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and egg whites and process just until mixture forms a moist dough.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. (If dough is too sticky to handle, just lightly flour your hands before rolling into balls. Alternatively, wet your hands with water and keep them moist while rolling the dough.
- Press one almond into top of each cookie, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until set.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt remaining 3 squares baking chocolate. Stir continuously until melted.
- Spoon chocolate into resealable plastic bag and cut corner off the bag. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Alternatively, drizzle chocolate over cookies using a spoon.
This recipe makes about 36 Mexican Chocolate Macaroons
More Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Kiss Cookies
- Flourless Peanutty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: