Just Like Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Are you a fan of Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Have you been known to drive to the mall just to buy a warm, chewy, gooey chocolate chip cookie from the Mrs. Fields' store?
It's okay. You are not alone.
I've been a fan of Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies for decades.
There is nothing quite like a warm Mrs. Fields' chocolate chip cookie to perk you up while shopping.
Wouldn't it be great to be able to make cookies that taste like Mrs. Fields right in your own kitchen?
You can save time, money, and the gas required to make that trip to the mall.
When I came across this recipe, I thought it was too good to be true, but I will let you be the judge.!
Here it is - a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that tastes a lot like Mrs. Fields.
A Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies That Taste Just Like Mrs. Fields'
The original chocolate chip drop cookie! I have instructed you to use parchment or silicone liners on your cookie sheets for best results. Alternatively, you can just use un-greased cookie sheets, if you want.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups of uncooked oats, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces of milk chocolate bar, grated
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, finely ground oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Make golf-ball size cookies and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Press them down slightly with the palm of your hand until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake on prepared cookie sheets for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft on top.
This recipe yields about 60 Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Just Minutes Away From Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies - Freezer Option:
Want to know the secret for homemade warm from the oven cookies in minutes? It's frozen cookie dough balls.
Freeze balls of chocolate chip cookies dough on parchment lined baking sheets. Once frozen, transfer them to plastic freezer bags, and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Frozen cookies can be baked straight from the freezer as directed in the recipe, although they may take 1 to 2 minutes longer to be done.
You Might Also Like:
- Cherry Chip Cookies
- Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: