No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Here is a clever no bake recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars.
It's a quick and easy version of America's Favorite Cookie!
You get all the flavors of a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie in a quick and easy no bake version.
These delicious cookie bars are rich and delicious and oh so simple to make.
With only 7 ingredients that are all cookie baker pantry staples, you can whip up a batch in minutes.
We love this simple chocolate chip oatmeal bar for lunch bags, briefcases, and after school snacking.
No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Quick Tip: If you are not a corn syrup fan, try honey or rice syrup in its place!
- 2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the cereal and oats in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
- Let the mixture rest for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press into place with clean moist hands or a large square of wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into desired size bars.
- Store in a covered container between layers of wax paper.
This recipe makes one 8-inch pan of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars.
This No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars recipe comes from my favorite no bake cookies cookbook No-Bake Cookies: More Than 150 Fun, Easy & Delicious Recipes for Cookies, Bars, And Other Cool Treats Made Without Baking by Camilla V. Saulsbury.
No Bake Chocolate Oat Squares Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cook oats, uncooked
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Lightly grease an 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla; mix well
- Stir in oats.
- Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended.
- Press half the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peanut butter; until combined.
- Pour chocolate peanut butter mixture over bottom layer in pan; spreading evenly.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over chocolate layer; pressing gently.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Bring pan to room temperature before cutting bars into desired size and shape.
- Store in an airtight container between layers of wax paper.
This recipe makes about 32 No Bake Chocolate Oat Squares.
More Easy Cookie Recipes You Might Like:
- Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Helpful Cookie Making Supplies: