No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Part cookie, part candy, No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are sure to make you smile.
This recipe for No Bake Cookies was part of our childhood and may have been part of yours too.
These may be the cookies you remember Mom or Grandma whipping up as a special treat.
If not, we are sorry.
But it's not too late for you to begin creating your own Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies memories beginning today!
Some recipes endure and No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are a perfect example.
It's incredible how just reading a recipe can transport you back to a happy memory of another time and place, not to mention the delight of seeing, smelling, and tasting a special cookie from your past.
Although this recipe for No Bake Cookies is quick and easy, a few helpful hints are in order.
- Be sure to follow the directions exactly, boiling the mixture for 1 1/2 minutes. If you don't cook for the allotted time, the cookies may not set up and if you boil it too long they are apt to be grainy and dry.
- These No Bake Cookies will need about one hour in the refrigerator to firm up before they are ready to enjoy.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine the cocoa, sugar, butter, and milk.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 1 1/2 minutes while stirring constantly. Make sure the mixture is boiling vigorously (with bubbles all over the surface) before beginning to count the time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
- Add the oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or a silicone mat. We like to use a small Small Cookie Scoop when making drop cookies - it speeds up the process and gives the cookies a uniform appearance.
- Refrigerate for one hour, until firm.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Variations:
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut with the oats.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth for added crunch.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Add 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins.
Cookie Making Notes:
- To make larger flatter No Bake Cookies, drop by tablespoons and then flatten slightly with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- For No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars, press the mixture into a well greased 8-inch square pan. When firm, cut into desired size and shape.
More No Bake Cookies Recipes You Might Like:
- Coconut Date Balls
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Recipe for Cheerio Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- No Bake Drop Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: