No Bake Pumpkin Bars
Are you a collector of Pumpkin Bars Recipes?
Or like me, of all things pumpkin recipes?
If you enjoy the flavors of traditional pumpkin pie in an array of desserts and beverages, this is a No Bake Cookies Recipe you will want to take a closer look at.
A cookie bar that's a delicious alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.
This time of year, my mind turns to pumpkin - pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin ice cream… You get the idea!
The holidays just wouldn't be complete without pumpkin desserts on the buffet.
And then I find myself asking, "Why not enjoy pumpkin any time of year?"
Since canned pumpkin is available all year there's no need to relegate your favorite pumpkin treats, including Pumpkin Bar Recipes, to the last few weeks of the year.
Pumpkin is healthy too. It's packed with vitamin A, potassium, fiber and phytonutrients. It's one of those ingredients you can sneak into other foods, unnoticed, to boost their nutritional value.
Try this easy recipe for creamy No Bake Pumpkin Bars once and you may decide to trade in your traditional pumpkin pie for a delectable new homemade holiday dessert tradition.
And this is one of those easy pumpkin recipes that you won't mind whipping up any time of year since you don't need to turn on the oven!
No Bake Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil that extends beyond the pans sides. Lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray and set the pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Transfer the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Freeze crust until ready to use.
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the milk without stirring and then let it sit for 10 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Add the brown sugar to the saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat, whisking and stirring the liquid until it is very hot and the gelatin and brown sugar are dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat the remaining ingredients (pumpkin through vanilla) with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add the cooled milk mixture beating on low speed until blended. You will probably have to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything gets well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared crust, and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Use the foil lining to remove the block of pumpkin bars from the pan.
- Cut into desired size bars.
- Store, loosely covered, in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes one 8-inch pan of No Bake Pumpkin Bars.
No Bake Pumpkin Bars Recipe Variation:
Turn this recipe into an even easier no bake pumpkin pie.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into a purchased graham cracker crust and refirgerate until firm (about 3 hours).
This no bake maple cream bars recipe comes from my all-time favorite no bake cookies cookbook by Camilla V. Saulsbury.
Looking for a more traditional baked Pumpkin Bars Recipe?
We've got a couple of delicious pumpkin bars recipes that may be just what you want in our Cookie Bar Recipes section.
More Cookie Bar Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Maple Walnut Blondies
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Malted Mocha Cookie Bars
- Orange Date Bars
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: