Best Oatmeal M&M Cookies
This is a special recipe for Oatmeal Cookies that includes raisin bran or corn flakes cereal, M&M's, chocolate chips, and optional ingredients coconut and chopped nuts.
There's something in there for everyone!
I've made these cookies many times through the years and each batch is always a little different from the last because I use whatever ingredients I have on-hand at the time.
And, the whole wheat flour really gives a nice and distinct flavor to these cookies.
Feel free to use any type or corn flake or bran flake cereal you have - they're equally good with or without raisins!
Oatmeal M&M Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3 cups Raisin Bran or other flaked cereal
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually beat the dry flour mixture into the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the oats, cereal, M&M's, chocolate chips, and nuts and coconut if desired.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls or with a cookie scoop onto your prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 15 until the cookies are golden, or to your desired doneness.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them with a cookie spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe yields about 5 dozen of the Best Oatmeal M&M Cookies.
You Might Also Like:
- Oatmeal Raisinets® Cookies
- Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Just Like Mrs. Fields' Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Glazed Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: