Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Have you ever had an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bar?
Are you an oatmeal raisin cookie fan?
Oatmeal Raisin Bars are basically oatmeal raisin cookies baked in a pan instead of dropped on a cookie sheet.
You get all the delicious flavor and chewy oatmeal raisin texture in a quick and easy pan cookie.
Did you know that most drop cookie recipes can be baked in a pan and made into cookie bars instead?
Yes, it's true. This is great information for the home baker who is short on time.
This cookie bar recipe is especially easy because it uses melted butter, so there is no need to dig out the electric mixer.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars make great lunch box treats and after school snacks. I think you and your family will love them!
Oatmeal Raisin Bars Recipe
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. For easy removal and cleanup, line the pan with an 8-inch by 16-inch piece of parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on two sides to act as handles. Spray the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the oats, flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg until blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, and egg until smooth. Add the flour mixture and raisins and gently stir just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan.
- Using paper "handles," lift slab of cookie bars onto a cutting board.
- Cut into desired size and shape bars.
This recipe makes one 8-inch square pan of Oatmeal Raisin Bars.
More Cookie Bar Recipes You Might Like:
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Maple Walnut Blondies
- Nana's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Viennese Bars
- Cranberry Orange Squares
Helpful Cookie Baking Supplies: