Chewy Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate?
For many, myself included, it's a combination of flavors that's tough to beat!
And this easy recipe for chewy chocolate cookies is no exception.
These cookies consist of only 9 ingredients - many of which you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator - and can be mixed together in minutes!
After mixing and only 8 or 9 minutes in the oven, you can be enjoying these simple, chewy, chocolatey, peanut buttery cookies - with plenty to go around for you family and friends too.
For best results, it's best to bake one cookie sheet at a time in the center of your oven. This allows for the best flow of heat around you cookies and ensures they cook evenly. As always, feel free to rotate your sheets halfway through the bake time just to be sure.
Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture just until combined.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes (being careful not to overbake). Your cookies will be soft and puff while baking and then flatten when cooled.
- Allow cookies to sit for 1 minute on sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe yields about 4 1/2 dozen Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies.
More Easy Drop Cookie Recipes
- Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Golden Coconut Macaroons
- Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
Tools for the Home Cookie Baker: